Thursday, October 22, 2015

A little bit of everything.

I know my posts are sporadic and I've been MIA for like a week and a half but I have good reason. That reason is a little bit of everything.

Bubba's allergist appointment was supposed to be tomorrow morning. I've been equal parts exhilarated and apprehensive. While I want to know every last thing he's allergic to, I also know that the procedure is painful and would be confusing and traumatic for him. I reasoned that it's better to do it while he's too young to remember, and that was that. Bubba also had his 18 month check up on Monday (can you believe he's so big?) where I was informed that Medicaid was saying he is no longer covered. I assured them he was, and we went on our merry way. Then I got home and called Medicaid and yep, they terminated his coverage. So I spent the week trying to get it sorted out and get him reinstated so he could have his appointment, but I was told today by a person in their office to just cancel the appointment. So I had to. Seriously, cannot wait for my insurance to kick in. I finally got that sorted out so it's not causing me stress any more.

Did I mention that I'm moving? Yeah, I get my keys on Monday so I'm just feeling very overwhelmed by everything that I need to pack and buy and make and it's making me crazy. Plus I'm terrified that I can't actually do it. That after all my careful budgeting and planning, it won't be enough.

Oh and I think I have bronchitis.

Other than that, everything has been peachy. Well, except my depression coming back full swing. See, I was finally able to get my anxiety under some semblance of control and have been able to talk myself out of anxiety attacks. Since that was out of the way, my depression decided to pop in and say hello. At this point I can barely get out of bed, I'm convinced that all my friends don't want to be my friends anymore (not helped by no one responding to my texts) and therefore have cut everyone off. All I want to do, all the time, is cry. I don't want to get out of bed or shower or eat or drink or speak or anything. Bubba keeps me going. I have to be strong for him. So I get out of bed every morning. I force myself to eat and to shower and to laugh and smile and talk. Eventually, doing all those things will become real instead of forced. Eventually, I'll get out of this depressive episode and be able to be happy again.

I can't believe I've being that honest about my depression, but there it is. Judge me for it or don't. It's not your cross to bear.

But I would like to end this on a happy note. I don't want to focus on the stress of moving and bubba's health (or mine). I don't want to focus on the dark times. So just remember, as I try to every day, that "most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine."
Ralph Waldo Emerson/

2 comments:

  1. You are so incredible. I cannot believe that the amazing person who writes these words and lives then every day is my daughter. I am so unbelievably proud of you and so grateful that I am your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so incredible. I cannot believe that the amazing person who writes these words and lives then every day is my daughter. I am so unbelievably proud of you and so grateful that I am your mother.

    ReplyDelete