Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Mom's on Tinder

A few weeks ago, my mom set me up with a guy she works with. Everything was going great, until he decided to go back to his ex girlfriend. After he ended things, my mom suggested I let her take over my online dating apps. I'd mentioned it to her before because I read something online where a guy did that and ended up going on the best dates ever. So I agreed, and we just got around to setting up the profiles today. She has total control over who she says yes and no to, and over the messages. So far she's gotten way more matches than I normally get (because I get bored and just left-swipe everyone), and has struck up quite a few conversations. The funniest thing was when she swiped left on a guy because "there are small children living in his beard. You just know there are." I mostly just laughed at her reactions, but it made me a little anxious too. We have completely different taste in guys for me. I guess we'll see where this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment