Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Best/Dumbest DIY

I had a really productive day today, which was especially surprising since I had plans to do absolutely nothing. Instead, I decided to actually decorate my house. I've lived here for a year and a half and had no cute pictures of my little family hung up or anything. Partly because I didn't have any actual printed pictures (but they're super cheap to print) but mostly because I didn't have frames (which are expensive). So today I printed a bunch of pictures at Walmart (they're $00.19 per print) and put pictures in the 5 frames I did have. Then I put pictures in this adorable personalizable (is that a word?) clock that my aunt got me for Christmas... three years ago. I was staring at all the pictures I had left when it hit me. Are you guys ready for this? It's literally the stupidest, smartest thing ever. Ready?

DIY canvas photos.

We all know that we love our kids. Just maybe not "pay $100+ to get your face on a canvas" kind of love. That's where this comes in. I have probably 50 canvases in my house, most are works in progress but I had a few blank ones and it hit me to just fucking mod podge pictures on there. That shit is so versatile. So I arranged a bunch of pictures on 5 different canvases and mod podged them on there, then did a coat on top (cause it dries clear and I think it looks a little more professional) and bam. Whole process took less than like an hour total, didn't break the bank, and looks awesome hanging in my living room. So go forth and put some cute shit on your walls without paying a fortune.

(PS, you can get canvases for pretty cheap at Hobby Lobby. Usually in a pack of 2. You know you're looking for an excuse to go to Hobby Lobby.)

Now here's some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment