Thursday, July 9, 2015

Boys and cars.

Yesterday, my boyfriend sold his Miata. I can't say I'm disappointed. I thought that thing was a death trap, and I'm pretty sure it was older than me. It also didn't have air conditioning, or a backseat. So there was no where to put bubba, which is part of the reason why he sold it.

Today, my boyfriend bought a BMW. I think it's called "e36 m3" but I'm not totally sure, and I have no idea what those letters mean. I still think the car is older than I am. No clue. I'm sure I heard what year it is, but I can't remember. All I care about is that it has air conditioning and a back seat. The sun roof is a nice touch. 

Let me say that I know absolutely nothing about cars. If I open the hood of a car, I might be able to guess at where the engine is. I know how to check oil and that's it. Which is the entire reason it's great to date a car guy. Well, that and he'll teach our sons about cars. The downside to this is that his relationship with a car, any car, has been around longer than his relationship with you. There have been many nights that I wanted to spend with him but he had to do car stuff and I'm not really a fan of the car smell, so I stayed home. But it's one of the many things I love about him. And that he got a 4 door sedan so we can stuff the back with car seats. 

The guy that he bought the car from lives about an hour south, and we took his truck. We went down with one car and left with two cars. This is a problem if you've never let your girlfriend drive your truck and now you want her to drive an hour on the freeway in the rain. Especially if your girlfriend has anxiety driving her tiny 4 door hatchback around the city in great weather. BUT I made it in one piece and without having an anxiety attack, and for that I am thankful. I didn't hit anything or anyone, I didn't kill myself, I didn't have to pull over. So it's good.

But I don't think he'll ever let me drive his truck again.

No comments:

Post a Comment