Monday, July 27, 2015

Having friends when you have anxiety, part two.

If you read my earlier post, you'll know that today was a pretty bad day. Made even worse by the ending of my relationship, for the third time, which completely blindsided me. So what was the first thing I did? I let my friends know. My friends, who have come to my rescue when I was in sticky situations with said ex boyfriend.

So one called. And we spent an hour long phone call discussing everything else. Including how her fiance would look in high heels, and how gay an ex from four years ago is. All of my tensions just melted away during that phone call.

Afterwards, my mom came in and was talking to me about how she's starting to understand a little more about how my anxiety works. Before, she used to just tell me that whatever I was worried about didn't matter. But now she's seeing that my anxiety doesn't always make sense. I can be anxious over absolutely nothing and have an anxiety attack over absolutely nothing. She told me she's learning through me being open about it. And that's helping me want to be open about it.

So remember, no matter how much your anxiety-ridden or depressed brain tries to tell you that no one cares about you, it's wrong. I'm slowly learning that. Thanks for being along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment