Monday, January 9, 2017

One of those nights

It's looking like one of those nights where I'm gonna fall asleep with the kidlet, so I figured I'd better write this now, while he's reading his books.

Today, I decided that I am done with real life. I'm done being a grown up with responsibilities and a job and bills and I'm going to sell all my wordy possessions and move to a tropical island.

This is, of course, a lie. I've got shit to do. I've got a mouth to feed that isn't my own. I've got a baby daddy who would be royally pissed if I took our baby and just left. And I've got a kid who loves his dad and would be heartbroken if he had to leave him.

But hey, I can dream. I can dream of living somewhere that's always 80 degrees, while staring out the window at the freezing rain. I can dream of sand under my feet and the ocean licking my toes while I'm wearing high heeled boots to work. I can dream of living somewhere with better air quality, so the kidlet doesn't suffer in the winter when the inversion is bad.

So tonight, I'm going to dream about being on a beach with a drink in my hand, while hopefully only rain falls outside instead of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment